The SAA is aware that the SAA programs may be a financial burden to younger practitioners or colleagues from countries particularly outside of Switzerland and, therefore, offers the option to participate in the SAA programs through grants to such lawyers.
The 2019 SAA Grant
The SAA offers one full grant for the CAS in Arbitration 2019 - 2020. The recipient of the 2019 SAA Grant will be entitled to a full waiver of the program tuition fee of CHF 9,900, which will significantly reduce the costs of participation.
Furthermore, the SAA is continuously seeking to arrange sponsorships for our applicants in addition to the SAA grant. The terms and conditions of such a potential sponsorship would have to be determined on an individual basis with the sponsoring company and could include e.g. an internship.
The SAA reserves complete and full discretion to award the 2019 grant to applicants who fulfill the below criteria:
- Admitted to practice in his/her jurisdiction;
- Excellent academic qualifications;
- Proof showing lack of financial means to finance the standard tuition fees (e.g. taxation statement);
- Confirmation of ability to finance the travel and accommodation costs for the four Modules (e.g. statement of employer; personal payment plan);
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or a résumé;
- A letter of recommendation outlining the applicant's qualification;
- A short outline (1-2 pages) about the applicant's interest and experience in international arbitration;
The application to the 2019 grant does not entitle the applicant to make any legal claims against the SAA and/or its Council members and/or to be awarded a grant. The grant is at the full discretion of the SAA and potential sponsors.
How to apply
To apply for the 2019 grant, please submit all required documents demonstrating that you meet the above-outlined grant criteria.
In your application please indicate for which program wish to apply for (CAS in Arbitration or ArbP), if you would also be able to attend the program with a partial grant and whether you would be interested in a potential sponsorship.
All information submitted by applicants will be treated confidential. However, please note that if you are interested in a sponsorship, we will need to share your application with potential sponsors.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. The application deadline is January 31, 2019.